Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Exercise in the Boonies



I bet a lot of you out there have a membership to some fancy-schmancy gymnasium. You probably even drive there. Well, out here in the boonies that just isn't an option. The only Jim here would get pretty riled up if everybody started climbing all over him. And my family isn't a farming family who sweats outside all day, so what do we do to stay thinner than our doorways, while still eating ridiculous amounts of butter and white bread?

  • Walk to the post office everyday, rain, shine or blizzard (there aren't any mail boxes around here, so everyone has a box at the post office.) It's good exercise, and we get to chat up Sally Mae, the postmaster, and hear all the latest town gossip.
  • Chase them dogs and deer outta my garden!
  • Do 3 days (sometimes as long as a week!) of yet another "30-day challenge" off of pinterest. I don't think I've ever finished one of those, have you?  I like to rationalize that picking a new one each week helps to vary the routine. Here's my latest one: (I think today is day 5)
In case you're confused, by leg lifts they mean lie on your back, hands under your butt, legs straight, and move your legs up and down. Not that I would ever be confused by that. Nope.

To life, liberty, and the pursuit of not replacing all our doorways with double-wides!

No comments:

Post a Comment